1.9
Turnaround Time

In march of 2014 I ordered a remanufactured 6.5 chevy diesel longblock from US Engines in New York. They shipped it promtly and I installed it in my 1993 pickup.

The oil cooler, radiator exhaust system, hoses,and waterpump were all replaced. The install was conducted carefully following all instructions. Upon fireup the first thing i noticed was rockerarm noise, within a few minutes it was clattering and missing on 2 cylinders. I shut it down and pulled the LH valve cover.

Inside I found rocker arm shaft askew and broken bolts. further checking determined wrong bolts were used on assembly. I called US Engines to inquire about it, they were rude and told me to fix it myself. I had extra parts so i did.

Seemed to run fine. I now have 22000 miles on this engine and it uses a quart on coolant dayly. I called US engines again to inquire about it, they were condesending and rude. Told me I must have overheated it or otherwise abused it and the warranty was void.

This engine besides being carefully installed,has been gently used and never overheated. I am very dissapointed with the poor quality of this engine and with customer service at US Engines. I was sold a motor with a bad block and they wont back it. DONT BUY AN ENGINE FROM US ENGINES!

YOU WILL BE SORRY! THEY ARE A RIPOFF OPERATION! I LOST $4000!

And now i get to replace the engine again. Will buy from a reputable outfit this time.

Review about: Us Engine Production Pickup Truck Engine.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Price.

I didn't like: Poor quality.

Comments