Us Engine Production - Bought new motor

Let me tell you these ppl are the worst people to deal with it is totally not worth buying from them. They are rip offs.

I bought a bran new motor from them and was putting everything back together and realized they had the wrong heads on the motor.

So I called and told them I wanted a refund and they said if you cancel there is 25 percent cancellation fee. Just a big pain to deal with.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 04.

Comments

USengineproduction Mar 22, 2016 Midland, Michigan, United States #1131963 Our company US Engine Production, located within New York and Michigan are not associated with US Engine Inc, which is located in Washington. Our company offers over 30 years of experience, providing quality solutions to each of our customers.

It is important that customers do not confuse US Engine Inc with our company US Engine Production Inc.

We hope this helps clarify any discrepancies, as well as rectify any false impressions of our company. Please visit our website www.usengineproduction.com or call 517.719.0300 with if you have questions.

Us Engine Production - HORRIBLE!

They're horrible people to deal with, MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE!

Charged a $750 core charge gave us a $250 credit told us the crank shaft was ruined. This motor ran, just had blow by. We didn't want to go the rebuild route. Should have though!

We call everyday and get shuffled to someone else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Engine Engine.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Sep 28.

Us Engine Production - Scam artists, unqualified service technicians

1.2
Interest Rate
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I purchased a "Turn Key" remanufactured 6.5 diesel in 2013.

It was supposed to be a back up engine for my fleet and was stored for 12 months before I installed it. When installed, it wouldn't run right. Injection pump had bad optical sensor. Replaced pump, my dime, ran OK but had noisy valve train, like a solid lifted cam. Called Eric, he questioned the timing of the engine, which was correct because I had done 20 of these in the last few years and I have the correct scan tool to do it, but he said it was "Normal".

At 1200 miles, something let go internally, popping through intake sound.

At first he wasn't going to warranty because I purchased the engine over the "12 months/unlimited miles" warranty. Finally they agreed to "go through it" but I had to pay freight back, another $750 on my dime.

When I got the engine back, and installed, the valve train was noisier than the previous engine I sent back. There was also a excessive amount of blowby coming from the crankcase even after 500 miles. This replacement was a different engine because I previously noted the date on the block.

I drove in hesitantly for 1000 miles and the noise in the valve train was a loud tapping now.

I refused to trust these children to do a proper repair so I undertook diagnosis myself. I pressurized the cylinders to replace the valve springs and found 2 of the springs had broken internal damper springs and 2 of the springs had a different style internal damper spring, meaning it was not a matched set. What I also discovered when pressurizing the cylinders to change the valve springs was a massive air leak through cylinders 1 and 5. I reassembled it and put it back into service. The loud valve tapping was gone but the valve train was still very noisy. I know because I have factory low mile 6.5 diesels and the valve train should be silent. I ran it for about 6 months and it developed a coolant leak from the timing cover. They decided to use silicone to seal everything and the silicone seal failed after about 1500 miles. While removing the front of the engine to correctly seal the front of a 6.5 with gaskets, I decided to pull the heads to fix the leaking out of cylinder 1 and 5. Brought the heads to my machinist and discovered there were 2 cracks in 2 different exhaust seats, which wasn't the cause of the leak, and they "knurled" the valve guides to get them in closer tolerance to the valve stems. Now if I were in high school, and the was 25 years ago, I could see this as a possible repair, but now, replacement of the guides is the proper way to fix worn out valve guides with the available inexpensive tooling available. I called Eric and asked him if they surfaced the heads and he said "no they do not". A blatant lie because my machinist measured the pre-combustion cups and the were .010" thinner than original. The leaking cylinders were from poor valve seat contact area, like the stone used to cut the angles was worn out or broken.

I junked the heads. Bought a set of new heads and installed.

I runs better, valve train noise gone but there is still way to much blow-by for a new engine.

Lesson learned. If new is available, spend the extra money and get it.

The children at US Production Engines may be able to talk a good game but the reality is that they are a bunch of punks that don't understand proper machining techniques.

Karma is a *** and it is coming for you Eric.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Engine Production Engine.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Buying misrepresented product.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 25.

Us Engine Production - 6.5L Chevy diesel leaking coolant into crankcase.

1.9
Turnaround Time

In march of 2014 I ordered a remanufactured 6.5 chevy diesel longblock from US Engines in New York. They shipped it promtly and I installed it in my 1993 pickup.

The oil cooler, radiator exhaust system, hoses,and waterpump were all replaced. The install was conducted carefully following all instructions. Upon fireup the first thing i noticed was rockerarm noise, within a few minutes it was clattering and missing on 2 cylinders. I shut it down and pulled the LH valve cover.

Inside I found rocker arm shaft askew and broken bolts. further checking determined wrong bolts were used on assembly. I called US Engines to inquire about it, they were rude and told me to fix it myself. I had extra parts so i did.

Seemed to run fine. I now have 22000 miles on this engine and it uses a quart on coolant dayly. I called US engines again to inquire about it, they were condesending and rude. Told me I must have overheated it or otherwise abused it and the warranty was void.

This engine besides being carefully installed,has been gently used and never overheated. I am very dissapointed with the poor quality of this engine and with customer service at US Engines. I was sold a motor with a bad block and they wont back it. DONT BUY AN ENGINE FROM US ENGINES!

YOU WILL BE SORRY! THEY ARE A RIPOFF OPERATION! I LOST $4000!

And now i get to replace the engine again. Will buy from a reputable outfit this time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Engine Production Pickup Truck Engine.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Price.

I didn't like: Poor quality.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 16, 2017.